THE Fight

My fight to lose weight

Thursday, February 24, 2005

Feb. 24, 2005

Woke up and ate two of the turkey sausage links I had cooked up. They're as good cold as they are hot luckily. I drank a liter of water on my way to work, and another before lunch (which starts at 11:30 for me). I had 10 almonds around 10:30 to hold me over to lunch. At lunch I had a salad with some chicken breast and some sliced turkey and more water. Around 3 I was asked to go to Starbucks with a co-worker who order a Chai Latte. I asked what that was and she said black tea and milk....so I tried it (but with soy milk) and OH MY GOD...my new best friend. Not only was it warm and sweet, but it was filling which was perfect as yesterday was "birthday" day for our department which entails them bringing a huge cake for the department and basically plopping it outside my cube. Thanks to the tea I didn't have the appetite for cake and although in the past I still would have had a piece full or not, I passed this time. I did eat an apple after everyone had had their cake as I knew I had a long work out ahead of me once I got home. I probably drank another liter of water in the afternoon before heading home. Once home I started my workout. I had to do functional, strength, and aerobic so I was working out for a good 2 hours in all. Once I was done I did find myself snacking on 3 more turkey sausages...which was bad as I was about to make myself dinner. I showered up thought and cooked some turkey meatballs in some marinara sauce along with some petite brussel sprouts and sprinkled with some italian cheese. I couldn't believe how good it was. Now that I think about it, I didn't even have a dessert last night (probably due to the sweet overload from my tea earlier). Anyways, I found myself eating at times when I didn't NEED to so I want to try and recognize that more. Tomorrow is my Dad's birthday so it's most likely going to be an emotional day but I'm going to have to deal with emotions along the way right? My dad's favorite was chocolate (actualy food in general which is where I think I get my love for food) so I thought about having a piece for him, but then I realized there was so much more that he enjoy like music...so I'm going to head out and buy myself a new CD that I think he would have liked as well. Maybe the new Ray Charles. All for tonight. See you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home